The oncology service investigates and treats cancer in dogs and cats. We are a highly qualified team comprising two medical oncology specialists, one radiation oncology specialist, a medical oncology resident, an oncology intern, a team of three specialist veterinary nurses and a radiation therapist.
We work closely with colleagues in soft tissue surgery and diagnostic imaging, and with the support of specialists in all other disciplines of the hospital.
Our advanced facilities include a brand new, state-of-the-art, linear accelerator to offer image-guided radiation therapy.
The services we offer include:
- Investigation of suspected cases of cancer, masses and lumps.
- Staging of cancer cases with advanced imaging, sentinel lymph node mapping and minimally-invasive biopsy techniques.
- Counselling owners on the disease process, prognosis and available treatments.
- Chemotherapy clinic, offering the most modern oral and injectable chemotherapy treatments.
- Targeted anticancer therapy.
- Immunotherapy and vaccine therapy.
- Interventional oncology procedures including stenting and chemo-embolization.
- Surgical oncology procedures including complex reconstructive techniques as well as keyhole techniques (with our soft tissue surgery service)
- Radiation therapy. There are only a handful of sites in the UK which offer radiation therapy for pets, and we are one of the most sophisticated facilities. We have a brand new, Elekta 6MV linear accelerator which can offer advanced image-guided radiotherapy treatments, for example intensity-modulated or stereotactic radiation therapy. We also have an experienced, board-certified sin radiation therapy.
We are happy to receive referrals in all aspects of veterinary oncology, at any stage of diagnosis or treatment.
We are equally happy to receive a case of suspected cancer for investigation, a pre-diagnosed case for staging of disease and discussion of treatment options, or a pre-treated cancer case for further therapy.
Services we offer
Our team of Consultants provide top-quality care in anaesthesia & analgesia, cardiology, dentistry, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency and critical care, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology (including radiotherapy), ophthalmology, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.