The team consists of two dermatologists and a dermatology nurse.
Initial consultations are longer to allow time for history taking, examination and to perform in-house microscopy.
We benefit from being part of a large multidisciplinary hospital, which allows us to involve other specialists, if needed, when managing more challenging cases, or cases with concurrent diseases.
Diagnostics and procedures
- In-house microscopy including cytology and examination of hair and skin samples
- Video-oto endoscopy
- Intradermal skin testing for patients with atopic dermatitis
- Skin biopsy sampling
- CT to assess for presence of middle ear disease
- Patient-side video-otoscopy during the consultation
We see a wide range of conditions including:
- Parasitic diseases
- Bacterial and fungal skin infections, including resistant and unusual infections
- Allergic skin and ear disease
- Ectoparasitic conditions
- Hormonal conditions
- Claw and nail disease
- Immune mediated conditions such as pemphigus foliaceus and discoid lupus erythematosus
Services we offer
Our team of Consultants provide top-quality care in anaesthesia & analgesia, cardiology, dentistry, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency and critical care, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology (including radiotherapy), ophthalmology, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.