Consultant in Soft Tissue Surgery
- EBVS® European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
- RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Soft Tissue)
Charlotte enjoys all aspects of soft tissue surgery, with a particular interest in thoracic surgery and managing emergency and critical care patients.
Publications and research:
- Nurra, G., Howes, C., Chanoit, G., Meakin, L., Parsons, K. and Friend, E., 2022. Clinical use and complications of percutaneous cystostomy pigtail catheters in 25 cats. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 24(6).
- Howes, C., Sumner, J.P., Ahlstrand, K., Hardie, R.J., Anderson, D., Woods, S., Goh, D., de La Puerta, B., Brissot, H.N., Das, S. and Nolff, M., 2020. Long‐term clinical outcomes following surgery for spontaneous pneumothorax caused by pulmonary blebs and bullae in dogs–a multicentre (AVSTS Research Cooperative) retrospective study. Journal of Small Animal Practice, 61(7), pp.436-441.
- Howes, C., Longley, M., Reyes, N., Major, A.C., Gracis, M., Fulton Scanlan, A., Bailey, S. and Langley-Hobbs, S.J., 2019. Skull pathology in 10 cats with patellar fracture and dental anomaly syndrome. Journal of feline medicine and surgery, 21(8), pp.793-800.
- Howes, C. and Chanoit, G., 2018. Which sternotomy closure method (Orthopaedic Wire or Suture) is recommended in large breed dogs undergoing a median sternotomy? Veterinary Evidence, 3(2).
- Howes, C., Nelissen, P. and Demetriou, J., 2017. Thoracoscopic‐assisted removal of a retained surgical swab following open pericardiectomy in a dog. Veterinary Record Case Reports, 4(2).