Consultant in Diagnostic Imaging
- EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- BVMedSci (Hons)
- BVM BVS (Hons)
Following a period working as an out-of-hours veterinary surgeon in the Midlands of England, in September 2016, Daniel began his Residency in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging at UCD Veterinary Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Daniel became an EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging in 2020, completed a professional doctorate degree at University College Dublin in 2021, and became a RCVS recognised Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging in 2022. Daniel joined our diagnostic imaging team in November 2020 and enjoys the variety of working with a range of diagnostic imaging modalities in a large multidisciplinary veterinary hospital.
Daniel’s clinical interests include the Interpretation of small animal CT and MRI examinations.
Publications and research:
- Pentsou, J., Vagias, M., Davies, T., Hoey, S., Huuskonen, V. Thoracolumbar Retrolaminar Block: Anatomical and Radiological Study of Injectate Pattern Distribution in Canine Cadavers. Animals 2023, 13, 3008. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani13193008
- Martinez, C., Davies, D., Hoey, S., Shiel, R. E. & O’Neill, E. J. Ultrasonographic measurement of gallbladder wall thickness in fasted dogs without signs of hepatobiliary disease. J. Vet. Intern. Med. (2023) doi:10.1111/jvim.16810.
- Davies, T., Skelly, C., Puggioni, A., D’Helft, C., Connolly, S., Hoey, S. Standing CT of the equine head: Reducing radiation dose maintains image quality. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2020; 61: 137– 146. https://doi.org/10.1111/vru.12823
- Domingues, J., Hayes, C.J., O Leary, J.M., Davies, D. and Ryan, E.G., 2020. Foreign body removal by standing thoracotomy in a dairy cow. Veterinary Record Case Reports, 8(3), p.e001112.
- Davies, D., Martin, S., Hoey, SE. (2018) Utility of radiopaque urinary catheter placement before computed tomographic examination in two dogs with multiple pelvic fractures. Veterinary Record Case Reports 6: e000682. doi: 10.1136/vetreccr-2018-000682
- Maurin, M., Davies, D., Jahns, H. et al. Non-functional thyroid cystadenoma in three boxer dogs. BMC Vet Res 15, 228 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12917-019-1948-z
- Davies, D., Common inflammatory liver diseases in the dog (Part 1). Veterinary Ireland Journal, Volume 6 Number 10, 2016.
- Davies, D., Common Inflammatory liver diseases in the dog (Part 2). Veterinary Ireland Journal, Volume 6 Number 11, 2016
- Davies, T., Everitt, S., Cobb, M. (2015) Variation in the management of congestive cardiac failure in dogs. Veterinary Record 176, 435. A veterinary student ponders. In Practice2011;33:424.