Consultant in Diagnostic Imaging
- EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
Dawn qualified from the University of Bristol in 2013 and spent the following few years in a first opinion hospital in sunny Cornwall. She then joined Cambridge University, in 2016, to complete a small animal rotating internship, followed by an imaging specific internship. In 2018 Dawn gained a place as a resident in veterinary diagnostic imaging at the University of Bristol where she completed a master’s degree.
Dawn joined Highcroft Veterinary Referrals in March 2022 and became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging in May 2022. She enjoys all aspects of diagnostic imaging but particularly enjoys interventional procedures and ultrasound.
Publications and research:
- Sutton DR, Hernon T, Hezzell MJ, Meakin LB, Gould SM, Bradley KJ, Major AC. Computed tomographic staging of dogs with anal sac adenocarcinoma. J Small Anim Pract. 2022 Jan;63(1):27-33
- Smith AJ, Sutton DR, Major AC. CT appearance of presumptively normal intrathoracic lymph nodes in cats. J Feline Med Surg. 2020 Oct;22(10):875-881
- Riggs, Julia, et al. “Validation of exercise testing and laryngeal auscultation for grading brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome in pugs, French bulldogs, and English bulldogs by using whole‐body barometric plethysmography.” Veterinary Surgery 48.4 (2019): 488-496.
- Reeve EJ, Dutton D, Friend EJ, Warren-Smith CMR. Documenting the prevalence of hiatal hernia and oesphageal abnormalities in brachycephalic dogs using fluoroscopy. J Sm Anim Pract. 2017; 58: 703- 708