Consultant in Internal Medicine
- EBVS® European Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
- BVetMed (Hons)
- DipECVIM-CA (Internal Medicine)
Emma became an EBVS® European Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine in 2016 and an RCVS Recognised Specialist in 2020. Following her residency, she has worked at both academic and private referral hospitals in the UK and Australia. Emma joined Highcroft Veterinary Referrals (now BVS) in 2019. She enjoys all aspects of Internal Medicine but has a special interest in endocrinology. She is actively engaged in research, especially research that is relevant to both referral clinicians and general practitioners. Emma is a committee member of the Small Animal Medicine Society (SAMSoc) and co-lead of the internship programme at BVS.
- Roberts E, Gray JM, Gunn E, Ramsey IK. A novel method of continuous cage-side monitoring of hyperthyroid cats treated with radio-iodine. Vet Rec. 2015 Jul 4; 177(1):14.
- Swann JW, Maunder CL, Roberts E, McLauchlan G, Adamantos S. Prevalence and risk factors for development of hemorrhagic gastro-intestinal disease in veterinary intensive care units in the United Kingdom. J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2016 May; 26(3):419-27.
- Roberts E, Boden LA, Ramsey IK. Factors that affect stabilisation times of canine spontaneous hypoadrenocorticism. Vet Rec. 2016 Jul 23; 179(4):98.
- Fowlie S, Spence S, Roberts E, Ramsey IK. Electrolyte measurements differ between point-of-care and reference analysers in dogs with hypoadrenocorticism. J Small Anim Pract. 2020 Oct; 61(10):599-608.
- Giannasi C, Rushton S, Rook A, Steen NVD, Venier F, Ward PT, Bell R, Trevail T, Lamb V, Eiras A, Ellis J, Roberts E. Canine thyroid carcinoma prognosis following the utilisation of computed tomography assisted staging. Vet Rec. 2021 Jul; 189(1):e55.
- Roberts E, Shirlow A, Cox A, Davies O. Multiple myeloma involving the gastrointestinal tract in an English Springer Spaniel. Vet Med Sci. 2022 Nov; 8(6):2273-2276.
- Roberts E, Dobromylskyj MJ. Histopathological evaluation of the adrenal glands in a cat with primary hypoadrenocorticism and multiple endocrine disease. JFMS Open Rep. 2022 Oct 8;8(2):20551169221125207.