Consultant in Cardiology
- EBVS® European Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Cardiology
- RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology
- BSc. DVM
Eoin graduated in 2014 and worked in a busy mixed practice in Ireland for one year before taking up positions at first opinion hospitals in Bradford and Peterborough, to focus in small animal medicine. In 2017, he completed a rotating internship and enrolled on a cardiology certificate.
He then joined Lumbry Park Veterinary Specialists to undertake a specialised cardiology internship, and in 2021, Eoin completed his residency in small animal cardiology at Langford Veterinary Specialists. He became a Diplomat in 2022 and joined the team at Highcroft Veterinary Referrals.
Eoin enjoys all aspects of cardiology but has a particular interest in ECG and interventional cardiology
Publications and research:
- Evaluation of serum cardiac troponin-I concentrations for diagnosis of infective endocarditis in dogs. Eoin Kilkenny, Claire Watson, Joanna Dukes-McEwan, Elizabeth F. Bode, Melanie J. Hezzell, Jessie Rosie Payne, Kieran Borgeat
- Transvalvular pulmonic stent angioplasty: procedural outcomes and complications in 15 dogs with pulmonic stenosis. K Borgeat 1, S Gomart 2, E Kilkenny 3, G Chanoit 4, M J Hezzell 2, J R Payne
- Evaluation of N-terminal prohormone of brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin-I levels in cats with systolic anterior motion of the mitral valve in the absence of left ventricular hypertrophy. L Ferasin 1, E Kilkenny 2, H Ferasin
- Heart murmurs in apparently healthy cats caused by iatrogenic dynamic right ventricular outflow tract obstruction. Luca Ferasin, Heidi Ferasin, Eoin Kilkenny
- Surgical treatment of persistent atrial flutter in an adult Shiba Inu dog. Smiejan K, Payne JR, Friend EJ, Kilkenny E, Borgeat, K
- Approach mitral valve disease in dogs. Eoin Kilkenny DVM. Source: BSAVA Companion, Volume 2022, Issue 3, Mar 2022, p. 10 – 14 DOI: https://doi.org/10.22233/20412495.0322.10#