Consultant in Internal Medicine
- EBVS® European Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
- DVM MSc
- DipECVIM-CA (Internal Medicine)
Florent graduated from Alfort Veterinary School in 2015 in France. He then moved to Canada to perform a Rotating Internship at the Atlantic Veterinary College in Prince Edward Island. After that, he completed a Small Animal Internal Medicine residency at the University of Bristol. He became a Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine in 2021 and decided to stay in Bristol.
Florent initially worked with the University of Bristol teaching undergraduate students. He now has a hybrid role: he is a Consultant Specialist in Internal Medicine at Bristol Vet Specialists and works with Vet Oracle Telemedicine to support our first opinion practices within the CVS group – to offer the best care for patients.
He is interested in all parts of Internal Medicine but has a particular interest in Gastroenterology and Endocrinology.
Publications and research:
- Duplan F.,Gelens H.,Amsellem P. (2016) Acute respiratory distress associated with a nasopharyngeal foreign body in a seven-month-old French bulldog Veterinary Record Case Reports 4:e000374. doi:10.1136/vetreccr-2016-000374
- Duplan F., Maunder C. (2020) Unusual presentation of vitaminD3-dependent rickets type II in a kitten Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery Open Reports. doi:10.1177/2055116920910278
- Duplan F., Davies S., Filler S., Abdullah S., Keyte S., Newbury H., Helps C. R., Wall R., Tasker S. (2018) Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Bartonella spp., haemoplasma species and Hepatozoon spp. in ticks infesting cats: a large-scale survey Parasites and Vectors 11:201. doi:10.1186/s13071-018-2789-5
- Bodnarova T., Hall E., Duplan F. Prescribing habits for the use of omeprazole as a gastroprotectant in dogs in a veterinary teaching hospital. J Small Anim Pract. 2022 Oct;63(10):769-775. doi: 10.1111/jsap.13531. Epub 2022 Jul 15. PMID: 35840131