Daniel M Ogden
Consultant in Orthopaedic Surgery
Head of the Surgery Department
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons (Small Animal)
Daniel graduated from Bristol vet school in 2004. Following vet school, he completed a rotating internship at the Royal veterinary college and then his surgical residency at Cornell University in the United States. Daniel attained his diploma from the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2012. Daniel has been working in private practice since and solely in orthopaedics since 2020.
His main clinical interests are fracture repair and limb deformity.
Publications and research:
- Ogden, D., Baines, S. & Beck, A. Bilateral thyrohyoideus muscle rupture in a dog. J Small Anim Pract 48, 400–403 (2007).
- Beck, A. L., Grierson, J. M., Ogden, D. M., Hamilton, M. H. & Lipscomb, V. J. Outcome of and complications associated with tube cystostomy in dogs and cats: 76 cases (1995-2006). J Am Vet Med Assoc 230, 1184–1189 (2007).
- Ruth, J., Rademacher, N., Ogden, D., Rodriguez, D. & Gaschen, L. Imaging diagnosis–Congenital lobar emphysema in a dog. Veterinary radiology & ultrasound : 52, 79–81 (2011).
- Ogden, D. M. et al. The S-Measurement in the Diagnosis of Canine Hip Dysplasia. Veterinary Surgery 41, 78–85 (2011).
- Duan, F. et al. Principal component analysis of canine hip dysplasia phenotypes and their statistical power for genome-wide association mapping. Journal of Applied Statistics 1–17 (2012) doi:10.1080/02664763.2012.740617.
- Upchurch, D. A., Malenfant, R.-C., Wignall, J. R., Ogden, D. M. & Saile, K. Effects of sample site and size, skin tension lines, surgeon, and formalin fixation on shrinkage of skin samples excised from canine cadavers. Am J Vet Res 75, 1004–1009 (2014).
- Upchurch, D. A., Ogden, D. M. & Baker, D. G. Bilateral femoral arterial dirofilariasis caused by Dirofilaria immitis in a dog. Vet Rec Case Reports 3, e000184 (2015).
- Hart, K., Brownlie, H. B., Ogden, D. & Atencia, S. A case of gastric leiomyosarcoma in a domestic shorthair cat. JFMS Open Reports 4, 2055116918818912 (2018).
- Borgeat, K. et al. Bilateral bronchial stent deployment for palliative treatment of a compressive intrathoracic mass in a cat. JFMS Open Reports 4, 2055116917753816 (2018).
- Gilman, O. P. & Ogden, D. M. Lateralization of the diaphragm for thoracic wall reconstruction in a dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc 258, 85–88 (2021).
- Gilman, O. et al. Thoracolumbar Spinal Stabilization with Three Dimensional-Printed Drill Guides and Pre-Contoured Polyaxial Bone Plates. VCOT 36, 46–52 (2022).
- Clark, E.A. Condon, A. Ogden, D.M., Clarke, S. Accuracy of caudocranial canine femoral radiographs compared to computed tomography multiplanar reconstruction for measurement of anatomic lateral distal femoral angle. VCOT accepted for publication
- Moreira, L.R. Sparks, T. Ogden, D.M. Predicting tibial plateau angles following four different types of cranial closing wedge ostectomy. Veterinary Surgery submitted for publication.