Delphine Le Chevallier
Consultant in Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Head of the Anaesthesia & Analgesia Department
- EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- BVSc, BMedSci
- MRes, MSc
Delphine is an EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia & Analgesia. After having intercalated in Molecular Therapeutics at Bart’s Medical School London, Delphine graduated from Bristol University in 2014. Initially working as a volunteer for SPANA in Morocco, she undertook an equine internship before coming back to Bristol University to do research in sedation and premedication in dogs.
Following an anaesthesia internship at Liege, in July 2020 Delphine completed her Specialist training (residency) in anaesthesia and analgesia at Bristol University, shortly before joining Highcroft Referrals. Delphine passed her European Diploma exams in December 2021.
Publications and research:
- Le Chevallier, D., Oostrom, H. van and MacFarlane, P.D. (2023), “Evaluation of urine specific gravity as a predictor of hypotension during anaesthesia in healthy dogs premedicated with dexmedetomidine”, Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, available at:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaa.2023.01.001.
- Le Chevallier, D., Slingsby, L., Murrell, J.C., 2018. Randomised clinical trial comparing clinically relevant sedation outcome measures in dogs after intramuscular administration of medetomidine in combination with midazolam or butorphanol for routine diagnostic imaging procedures. The Veterinary Journal 239, 30–34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2018.08.001
- Le Chevallier, D. , Slingsby, L., Murrell, J., 2019. Use of midazolam in combination with medetomidine for premedication in healthy dogs. Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia 46, 74–78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaa.2018.08.001
- Le Chevallier, D. , Love, E., 2019. Management of massive blood loss in a dog under general anaesthesia during a sternotomy. Companion Animal 24, 8–13. https://doi.org/10.12968/coan.2019.24.1.8
- Le Chevallier, D., Oostrom, H.V., 2020. Falsely low arterial blood pressure due to pressure transducer damage in three horses. Vet Rec Case Reports 8, e000985. https://doi.org/10.1136/vetreccr-2019-000985
- Le Chevallier, D. , 2020. A step-by-step guide to placing a central venous jugular catheter. Companion Animal 25, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.12968/coan.2020.0004
- Thomson, R., Chevallier, D.L., Love, E., Murrell, J., 2020. Comparing approaches to sciatic nerve blocks in dogs during tibial plateau-levelling osteotomy. Companion Animal 25, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.12968/coan.2020.0051
- Chevallier, D.L., Oostrom, H. van and MacFarlane, P.D. (2023), “Evaluation of urine specific gravity as a predictor of hypotension during anaesthesia in healthy dogs premedicated with dexmedetomidine”, Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, available at:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaa.2023.01.001.