Consultant in Neurology
- RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
- EBVS® European Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
George graduated from the Royal Veterinary College, in London, in 2013, where he returned in 2014 to undertake a small animal rotating internship, following a short time in mixed practice in Dorset and charity hospital work in Jaipur.
Following this he spent 2 years at a busy practice in Somerset before completing a neurology residency at Bristol University from 2017-2020. George has been working at Highcroft Referrals/Bristol Vet Specialists ever since and passed his specialist examinations in 2021.
George has a particular interest in neurosurgery (both brain and spinal) and canine discospondylitis.
Publications and research:
- Nye G, Liebel FX, Harcourt-Brown T. C-reactive protein in dogs with suspected bacterial diskospondylitis: 16 cases (2010-2019). Vet Rec Open. 2020 Jul 20;7(1):e000386. doi: 10.1136/vetreco-2019-000386. PMID: 32704377; PMCID: PMC7373310.
- Escauriaza L, Fenn J, McCue J, Roper D, Vandenberghe H, Nye G, Oxley B, Granger N. A 3-Dimensional Printed Patient-Specific Surgical Guide to Facilitate Transsphenoidal Hypophysectomy in Dogs. Front Vet Sci. 2022 Jun 20;9:930856.
- Vandenberghe H, Escauriaza L, Nye G, Teague M, Granger N. Postvaccination encephalomyelitis in German pinschers. Vet Rec. 2021 Mar;188(6):231-232.
- Hoey C, Nye G, Fadda A, Bradshaw J, Barker EN. Subarachnoid diverticulum associated with feline infectious peritonitis in a Siberian cat. JFMS Open Rep. 2020 Oct 19;6(2):2055116920941477.
- Nye GJ, Major AC, Liebel FX. 2-Hydroxyglutaric aciduria as a cause for seizure-like episodes in a domestic shorthair cat. JFMS Open Rep. 2019 Jun 18;5(1):2055116919853898.
- De Decker S, Gomes SA, Packer RM, Kenny PJ, Beltran E, Parzefall B, Fenn J, Nair D, Nye G, Volk HA. EVALUATION OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING GUIDELINES FOR DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN THORACOLUMBAR INTERVERTEBRAL DISK EXTRUSIONS AND INTERVERTEBRAL DISK PROTRUSIONS IN DOGS. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2016 Sep;57(5):526-33.
- Packer RM, Nye G, Porter SE, Volk HA. Assessment into the usage of levetiracetam in a canine epilepsy clinic. BMC Vet Res. 2015 Feb 7;11:25.